Features Editor - 6 Month Contract
Job Function Editorial & Publishing
Location Lacon House, London
Organization Reed Business Information
Job Type Contract
Job Posting 21/07/2009
Recruiter Justine Padfield
New Scientist, the world's leading popular science and technology magazine and web site, needs a talented feature editor to join its award winning team. We offer a stimulating environment working with world-class journalists in our central London Offices, and a competitive salary.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To find, commission, write and edit compelling feature-length stories about all aspects of science and technology.
- This is a job for a creative journalist who can commission, edit and write compelling stories to tight deadlines with the motivation and charisma to inspire others.
- The successful candidate will have a good science degree.
- A good track record in journalism.
- Experience in managing writers, and a track record in editing feature length journalism.
- Pension Scheme
- 29 Days Holiday
- Paid Charity Days - 2 days per year
- Life Insurance (4x salary)
- Save As You Earn Share Scheme (SAYE)
- Competitive Salaries
With a head office in Sutton (a short 20 minute train journey direct from Victoria or Clapham Junction) and offices in Central London, Birmingham, Manchester and East Grinstead, Reed Business Information has a portfolio of award winning web sites and online services along with more than 100 market leading magazines, directories, direct marketing services, industry conferences and awards covering over 18 markets in the UK, Europe, USA and Asia. Reed Business Information has annual sales of £250 million.
Our online strategy focuses on markets with a need for deep, data driven information services, search and online recruitment. Backed by the resources of parent company Reed Elsevier, RBI's UK wide web based services are blazing a trail for specialist information online. Some of the market leading brands at RBI include www.totaljobs.com, www.cwjobs.co.uk and www.kellysearch.com, New Scientist, Estates Gazette, Computer Weekly and Personnel Today.
Please apply via the RBI website http://careers.rbi.jobs/vacancy/235-Features+Editor+-+6+Month+Contract with your CV, covering letter and 3 clips (all in ONE document) by Friday 14th August 2009
Alternatively send you application by email to email@example.com